viernes, 2 de septiembre de 2016

Covers Around the World: Artemis Fowl Series.

Hello everyone! Today in starting this new section of my blog titled “Covers Around the World” in which I will post the different covers that I could find of a book or series in different languages.
The first one in doing is the Artemis Fowl series. I chose this one because the last time I went to book off I found three different covers of this series on the same shelf. I only own the first book of this series and I haven’t finished it yet, but while doing my research for covers I found out that there are only 6 out of 8 books in the edition I own.
If you don’t know the Artemis fowl series I will leave here the synopsis of the first book from goodreads.


Synopsis
Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is a millionaire, a genius—and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even Artemis doesn't know what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories—they're dangerous! Full of unexpected twists and turns,Artemis Fowl is a riveting, magical adventure.


There are a lot of different covers for the first book, but only few languages made it to the eight one, so I’ll start with the editions that contain the whole series (8 books).
Inside brackets you can find the publishing house name only if the country has different versions.

8 books:

United Kingdom [Puffin Books]

Other languages with this cover are: German, French, Dutch, Danish, Spanish, Italian and Russian. 




United Kingdom [Puffin]

Germany – Denmark [Carlsen]

Germany [Ebook - Paul List Verlag GmbH]

United States of America [Disney Hyperion]
Other languages with this cover are: Russian, Thai, and Swedish.

Slovakia

France

Italy

Spain / Latin America

Persia

Czech republic

Russia [Эксмо] 

(I couldn’t find the cover of book 6 and 7)

Thailand



7 books:
United States of America [Hyperion Books]


6 books:
United States of America [Miramax]

Other languages with this cover are: Italian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), French, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, Danish, Greek, Norwegian, Turkish, Slovenian, and Estonian.  

Latvia

Poland


5 books:
Indonesia

Japan

Russia

Serbia


4 books:
Vietnam


3 books:
Bulgaria

Croatia


I hope you liked it, tell me in the comments which covers you like the best and if you want to recommend a book or series for this section, tell me about it :D





1 comentario:

  1. You say here you could not find 6 and 7 of the Russian? Well, I can not find 5. Where did you find the cover of book 5 in Russian (Эксмо)?

    ResponderBorrar